Thursday, May 5, 2022

Who is Beverly Seese?

 Who is Beverly Seese?

I have served as a UU congregational minister for the past eleven years, along with an active community ministry. I received her Master’s Degree from Meadville Lombard where my areas of specialization were Pastoral Counseling and Worship Arts.

I grew up in Modesto, CA, as a Church of the Brethren pacifist, and have taken training for non-violent resistance. I participated in marches for anti-nuclear weapons proliferation, Climate Justie in D. C., the National Women’s March in 2017; and a Poor People’s Campaign march in 2021. 

I served on the board, was a youth group advisor and directed the choir at my denomination's local church when I moved to Delphi, Indiana, thirty years ago, my husband's home town. 

I grew impatient with the slow pace of instituting gay rights and diverse liberal religious thought, and changed my affiliation when I found a home with the Lafayette UU Church. There I served as Choir Director, Religious Education teacher, Ministerial Committee member and chair, and President of the Board, before going to seminary.

Credentialed in Music and Consumer & Family Science, I taught in California, Oregon, and Indiana. I worked as a college academic advisor, and spent ten years as a counselor/academic advisor and ESL instructor at a state Adult Education Program, working with immigrants and young people to gain their U.S. citizenship and High School Equivalency Diplomas. 

I am active in my rural community, serving on several boards, and I volunteered three years as a “Big Sister” to a young teen mother.

I also worked for a number of years in retail management and am now the owner/host of an historic B&B. I love music making, gardening, reading, quilting, and other creative arts. With my husband, Carl, we enjoy visiting our daughter, in Denver, and son, close-by in Indiana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment